The Simple Weather widget is a small and simple (duh!) widget for wordpress which enables the display of weather forecast with icons for any location as specified by the post custom field. The widget adapts to the look and feel of the blog theme. A typical Simple Weather widget can look like this (example from this site):
- Download the zip via the download button below.
- Extract and upload to your wordpress installation plugin folder.
- Activate the widget plugin via the admin panel of your blog.
- In the admin panel widgets section, drag the Simple Weather widget to the desired position in the sidebar.
- Select temperature unit, Celcius or Farenheit.
To use the widget, in the desired posts simply add a
cityName and possibly
weatherBase custom fields with the name of the city for which you wish to display the weather. The
weatherBase is only needed if Google weather API does not recognize the city in
weatherBase is entered, the widget will not display.
Popularity: 12% [?]